A provincial gathering of VAW advocates to talk and learn about feminist law reform advocacy and media engagement.
Join Luke’s Place in Renfrew County on the first anniversary of the CKW femicide inquest for an evening and two days of exciting conversations, keynotes, panels and small-group activities.
Conference participants will have the opportunity to engage with Luke’s Place Advocacy Director and renowned feminist speaker and advocate Pamela Cross, VAW frontline workers who participated in the inquest and feminist leaders from small and rural communities.
Using the inquest and its recommendations as a case study, you will:
- Increase your skills and confidence in identifying key issues for advocacy and
- media engagement and in developing advocacy and media campaigns
- Develop or deepen connections with frontline workers from across the province
- Hear from some of Ontario’s most experienced feminist advocates and media spokespeople
- participate in events to commemorate the first anniversary of the inquest
For full details – and to register, please see link.